Search This Blog

Tuesday, 10 January 2017

When the Warden is away

The Warden is on leave from Wednesday 11th January until Friday 20th January.
    Email and social media messages will not be replied to between those dates.

    But you don't necessarily have to wait until the Warden is back for a reply! 

    Read below to see if your query could be dealt with by someone else sooner.

    If you want to meet with the Warden after he returns:

    For suggestions about the Hall or facilities (including catering):

    • Email Your message will automatically be forwarded to the Hall Manager, Warden, catering management team, and facilities senior member.

    For noise complaints:

    • Visit If you follow the instructions there, either the duty senior member or the senior member living on your floor will be able to help you while the Warden is away.

    To request an exception to the rules about guests (e.g. extra overnight guests, or extra nights):

    If you need a landlord reference, bank letter, or proof of address:

    For queries about accommodation fees / deposits:

    For queries about your accommodation contract / swapping rooms / leaving early / applying for admission or re-admission:

    For all very urgent or emergency problems:

    • Go to reception or phone 020 7756 8200 and ask to speak with the duty manager (during office hours, normally 9 till 5, Monday to Friday) or the duty senior member (evenings, nights and weekends).
    • In very serious cases, Hall staff can contact the Warden for guidance 24 hours a day, and can also call on the help of a warden from another hall of residence if a senior presence is urgently required on site.

    For anything else:
    • Many queries can be answered by reading guidance that we've already published. So remember to check:
    1. the Hall Handbook;
    2. our "How can we help you?" poster; and
    3. answers to frequently-asked questions.