Search This Blog

Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Fire alarm & evacuation 09/02/10

The evacuation in the early hours of Tuesday morning was caused by someone activating the "break glass" call point outside the common room on the third floor.

I need to be sure this will not happen again. Evacuating in the middle of the night is obviously a huge inconvenience to the entire Hall community; but frequent false alarms can also engender a "boy who cried wolf" mentality, making this a serious safety issue.

Ideally, I want the person responsible to contact me and tell me what happened; we should be able to come to an arrangement.

It is in everyone's interests that we find out what happened as quickly as possible. If you know something about what happened contact me in confidence with any information.